Monday, June 4, 2012

Nyx Lipstick Review and Swatches


Bonjour mes amis!

Ulta had a sale on Nyx so I picked up a few things :)
Let's get started


I got three lipsticks.  From top to bottom: Athena, Strawberry Milk, and Orange Soda




The first lipstick I got is called Orange Soda.  Orange/Corals are supposed to be really in this spring although I rarely pay much attention to trends.  I really just wanted a nude that wasn't too brown.  It feels really creamy applied and the color looks fantastic with my skintone.  This isn't a nude like I was looking for (it's more of an orangey-coral) but I actually wound up loving it!  It's a cream finish and it lasts about as long as a usual lipstick. It only lasts about an hour though without smearing/rubbing off.
.5 out of 5





This next lipstick is called Athena.  I wasn't expecting much of this lipstick due to the negative reviews it got online, but I still bought it because of the name (I'm a huge Greek mythology enthusiast).  I was hoping it would be a nice light milky pink, but instead it comes out as just a sheer silver frost.  I don't like frost finishes so this was a miss for me :(  If you like sheer frosty shades then maybe this will work for you but it didn't do anything for me.
 out of 5



This last one is called Strawberry Milk.  I couldn't quite get this to photograph correctly.  It looks a bit darker in person.  The arm swatch at the top of the page is probably the most accurate out of all of the photos.  This color is a bit too light on my skintone to the point where it looks a bit chalky.  It's not a very wearable color and it doesn't wear very long.  If you're a fan of Mac's Saint Germain you might like this color though; it just wasn't for me.

 out of 5

That's all!If you're interested in these lipsticks you can pick them up online or at ulta.

Au Revoir!

This post was not sponsored

No comments:

Post a Comment