Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mitsuwa Japanese food/skincare/haircare review


Bonjour mes amis!

I recently went to Mitsuwa and picked up a lot of goodies.
Let's get started on the post!


First I got a bunch of snacks.  
1.  Ahhhh shrimp chips!!  These things are the best for when I'm craving something salty.  When I was little, my grandma used to get them for me from a Filipino grocery store owned by a family friend.  I used to bring them to school and people would make fun of my weird Asian chips ;_;
2.  I am 100% biased when I say Filipino dried mangoes are the best dried mangoes.
3.  I freaking love these candies.  They are literally pure cane sugar haha.  I always get these instead of the candies with the adorable packaging because these just taste so good.
4.  I was pretty disappointed with these.  On every Mitsuwa haul blogpost I looked at, these seemed to find an appearance.  They were pretty bitter, like extremely dark chocolate.  It wasn't my cup of tea, but if you like dark chocolate, you'd probably like these.
5.  Mochi o^.^o mmm so good.  The green tea flavor was very strong.  The strawberry one was very good too <3
6.  I thought this was mochi when I first saw it in the store.  It's actually a frozen rice cake thingy.  It was red bean flavor with macadamia nuts.  I thought it was great.

Onward to the beauty products!


This is probably really boring, but I needed some cotton sheets for things like toner and nail polish remover, so I picked up a box.  I usually just get the Target brand cotton rounds.  I never thought it actually mattered what you use (cotton balls, squares, sheets, rounds, etc.) but wow I was wrong!  The ones I've been using are thick, which actually wastes a lot of products because you are soaking up more than you need.  These guys peel into 5 individual thinner sheets so you get 5 uses from just one, and you use less product.  It's pretty great if you ask me.



The next thing I got was this Mandom Hair Fix Water.  I don't really care for this too much.  It makes my hair smell nice but that's about it.  I wouldn't repurchase this.


This, however, is a gem.  This is the Mandom Sebum type Cleansing Express Makeup Remover.  It's the best makeup remover I've ever used.  Seriously one swipe and all of my mascara is gone.  Two swipes and gel eyeliner is gone.  I love it so much.  They have 3 other types: moist, age care, and bright up.  I got the sebum one because I have pretty oily skin.



The next thing I got is this DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil.  DHC is known for their Deep Cleansing oil but honestly I saw the adorable pink packaging and got this one instead :P  I really like this.  It works well to take off makeup but I usually use it to help remove clay masks once they've dried.

That's about it!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment